Saturday, August 19
ARF’s Bow Wow Meow Ball
The Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons will honor Nan Bush and Bruce Weber with the Champion of Animals Award at the 2017 Bow Wow Meow Ball at the ARF Adoption Center, 124 Daniels Hole Road, Wainscott. Nan and Bruce are long time ARF supporters who have so frequently incorporated their love for animals (including ARFans) into their celebrated projects in film and photography. Their award will be presented by past honorees Katharina Otto-Bernstein and Peter Marino. Celebrated decorator and ARF Board Member Alex Papachristidis will again join the nation’s leading event planner, David Monn, to amaze guests with the décor, which transforms ARF’s Adoption Center into paradise. Cocktails begin at 6:30, followed by dinner and dancing. Special guests will naturally include the cats and dogs of ARF, with their incredible stories of resilience and hope. Expect to fall in love. Tickets start at $500. More at www.arfhamtpons.org or tickets by phone call 631.537.0400 x219.
ARF ADOPTION EVENTS Click Here
The Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons actively rescues cats and dogs, provides quality care and offers sanctuary until loving homes can be found.
ARF’s work with animals, within our community and throughout the organization is guided by three core values: compassion, integrity and dedication.
Adoption Hours: 11am-4pm 7 days a week
Business Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
All About ARF:
- ARF was founded in 1974.
- Every year we place over 1,000 cats and dogs into loving homes.
- Our state-of-the-art Adoption Center is located on 22 wooded acres in Wainscott, New York.
- There are three open catteries with screened-in porches; a kennel with 48 indoor dog runs; 12 spacious outdoor runs; and a fully equipped medical wing with operating room, nurseries and quarantine holding rooms.
- There is a full time veterinarian and vet technicians on staff.
- Most of our animals come from high kill animal control centers, from people who can no longer care for their pets or are rescued from puppy mills.
- Animals are admitted by appointment only.
- Each year we admit over 1,000 cats and dogs and provide food, exercise, a warm place to sleep, and excellent veterinary care at our state-of-the-art Adoption Center.
- 150 cats and dogs are at the Adoption Center at any given time.
- ARF is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and currently is funded entirely by private donations.
- ARF is a “no-kill” adoption center. We will care for an animal regardless of how long it takes to find a home, except in extraordinary circumstances, such as incurable illness or severe and dangerous behavioral problems. In such cases, a cat or dog may be euthanized.